We decided to take Ethan on his first weekend away when he was 7 months old. I had no idea what to pack for infant travel. My instinct? Pack EVERYTHING! Then I remember...think practical...
|First time in a hotel!|
I know the obvious tips like "pack travel sized toiletries" or "bring a pack and play" but I felt like I still needed more help to make our travels easier!
These are my top 8 items to pack when traveling with an infant:
1. A travel spoon- I'll admit- We prefer our regular day to day baby spoon, but it travels oh-so-well. Get it messy, put it back in the case and wash later. We got it for our first trip, but now it's just great to have for when we're on-the-go! We purchased one made by Tupperware.
2. Disposable washcloths- I wouldn't use these for day to day living, but they functioned well and doubled as a burp cloth. They are lighter and smaller than a cloth, but significantly more durable than paper towels. After the trip, leftovers are great tucked in diaper bag.
3. Disposable bibs- I'm all about being green, but again, they are smaller, lighter and easier than a washable bib. Our leftovers from the trip are now tucked in the diaper bag for moments when we forget to bring a bib!
4. Inflatable bath tub- One of the best tips we found was to try and keep the baby on schedule while traveling. If it's part of a routine-do it- including baths! We got the cheapest inflatable tub we could find, and it's been well worth the investment. Not only is it great for travel, but it also makes a great transitional sized tub at home (you know- when you're too big for the infant tub, but too small for the full tub). Also, the small tub saves water! Now you can feel slightly less guilty about using disposable washcloths and bibs!
5. Microwave sterilizer bags- One bag can be used a number of times and meant we only had to bring a limited number of bottles! Of course, you'll need access to a microwave! Use caution though--if not used exactly as directed, they can cause things to melt!
6. Travel pack of disinfectant wipes- Simply a must have. Enough said.
7. Deodorized diaper trash bags- Munckin makes some great ones in conjunction with Arm and Hammer. 36 bags roll up into a very small space, and they do work well to minimize odor- a welcoming benefit while bunking in a small hotel room!
8. A new toy! - This is maybe my favorite tip. A new toy is very interesting to a little person and can serve as a great distraction.
Do you have any "must-have" items to make traveling with baby easier?
Happy and Safe Travels!
We do a lot of weekend trips so I started a packing list in my daily planner when Ben was about 1. Now everytime we go away, I turn back to the last list, copy & edit it & don't have to waste any mental energy trying to figure out what to pack.
Good news! You list DOES get shorter each year :-)
Wow, now that's an amazing idea! Thanks for saving me some brain power :)
Thanks for sharing wonderful post. Looking forward for more latest deals.
Heathrow park and ride
cheap park and ride Luton
Post a Comment